Thursday 6 June 2013

The Lost Art

The ocean in Vancouver.
After two weeks of craziness and the big move out to the coast I am finally here and settled in, in Vancouver. This place that I have found and will now call home has the most amazing feeling to it that I have ever felt. I have said before that I knew in my heart that this was where I needed to go and be but it was more than my heart that lead me this way. My intuition, a longing, and my higher self lead me to this beautiful city and place I now live. It was my listening and actually acting on what I was being told that made it all possible. I have talked before about different ways to receive guidance, help, and signs from your higher self and guides but nothing will help you if you do not learn to listen. Listening is a lost art for some but it is an art that we all must learn if we want to connect with our true selves and essence.

Everyone has an intuition and everyone has the ability to use it. In fact our intuition is the main way that our guides and higher self communicate with us. Actually listening to what your intuition, or some people call it gut, is tell you will get you to the places that you need to be and feeling the greatness that is within you.

 It took me along time to learn to actually listen to what my intuition was telling me, I would hear my intuition but I would not take note in what it was saying and I would barely ever actually do what it was telling me to do. I started wondering why I was in the place that I was in, even though I do not regret anything or anywhere I have been in my life, but I knew I was destined for more. I spent most of my days questioning decisions I had made and things I had done because I knew they were not in my best interest.

One day it dawned on me...Why was ignoring these feelings and senses that I had? Why was I not listening to my gut, when I knew it was leading me to greatness? I was not listening because I had lost the art of listening to myself, just like most people in today's society. I was a great listener when it came to others, it was what I was trained to do, but I had lost the art of listening to myself, my intuition, my higher self, and my guides. This was when I made a vow to start to learn the art of listening again.


I started off slowly with just learning to be alone with myself and listen to my thoughts. Then I graduated to listening to my thoughts in public settings full of commotion. Meditation became my friend and soul mate in any setting. Then finally I could hear my intuition and guides clearly in any setting. I had began a journey like none other.

I now listen to what my guides and what my intuition is telling me daily. I interact with myself in a way that is full of self knowledge and love for what I have to say to myself because it leads me to my greatest good. A great example of my listening is my move to Vancouver. My intuition let me feel what it would be like to be here; the high vibrations, the love, the energy of thousands of elemental spirits and then my guides/higher self told me it was possible if I took the steps they laid in front of me. So I listened and acted.

A hike me and bestie were guided to, and what a gorgeous view!

Learning to listen was the greatest challenge but the best challenge I have ever taken. I have stumbled upon places in nature that I would have never ever found without listening, I have become close to people that I would have never thought, and I have seen and ventured to places I only dreamed of seeing. Give your intuition a chance and get friendly with your guides. Learn the art of listening to yourself and see what adventures it takes you on. For more tips and guidance on this subject feel free to email me or message me on facebook.

Listening to my intuition lead me to this amazing meditation place.

No comments:

Post a Comment